Tuesday 7 February 2012

On Monday, I finally had my first school-related event.  Orientation for the students of the GDE/GradDipEd-Secondary was at the main uni campus at 9:30, which was my first visit there.  I just gotta say, the campus is gorgeous.  Everything around that isn't road, pathway, or building is so lush and green.  It's almost like I'm going to be going to school in a bloody rainforest.

There are probably around 100 people in the secondary program, around 20 or so of those are international students, and of those 20, only 3 aren't Canadian.  The program itself looks like it'll be pretty good; I'm really intrigued about one particular class this term: Aboriginal Education.  I'll let you know how that one is once classes actually start.

Aside from that, things are good.  I think I might finally be adjusted to the massive change in time zone (I didn't wake up at 3:30 this morning...yay!).  I'm also finding that maybe about half the time when I cross the street, I actually look in the proper direction.  As for the local lingo, I still have to ask what things mean sometimes, but I'm learning.  I don't think the standard greeting ("how're you going?" as opposed to "how are you?" or "how's it going?") will ever sound right coming out of my mouth, but you never know...maybe I'll try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment