Sunday 5 February 2012

Day #2

Oh jetlag.  How wonderful.  I made it to about 8:30, 9:00 last night before I completely passed out.  The issue with that, however, was the fact that I woke up at 3:30 in the morning.  It worked out nicely however, because I was able to skype my parents and brother, thanks to the time difference.

I did go back to bed for a while though, woke up again around 9:30, and eventually made my way out to the bus stop to go into town to get some of the stuff I didn't end up getting yesterday.  I ran into two RAs and a new international student at the stop, so I wandered around with them for a while, and collected information regarding the cell phone that I'm going to set up for myself.  I couldn't do it today, because I didn't actually bring my passport as a form of ID.  I'll probably go tomorrow, after my program orientation.

I got home, had some dinner, and discovered that there are not one, but two pianos on the property!  There's an upright piano in the games room, and a grand in the main building, so I spent about an hour playing.

My plan is to stay up a little later tonight, in an attempt to correct my body clock, but I'm really looking forward the orientation stuff tomorrow.

Oh, and here's a picture of some odd-looking birds that I saw:


No comments:

Post a Comment